When we started in 1982 our first releases were nature and music blends inspired by the beauty of the Sequoia National Forest (Misty Forest Morning, Peaceful Evening.) Our first decision when we began was to donate a percentage of every sale to groups that are working to save the earth. Since then we have supported groups such as the Rainforest Action Network, to ensure future generations will be able to experience the healing power of nature also.
For the last 25 years we have printed on recycled paper with soy ink. We have continued every year to reduce the amount of paper Sequoia uses and our offices have a very small carbon footprint which we work to reduce every year.
Here are some ideas of things you can start to do:
• Plant deciduous trees around your house. The shade will cool the house in the summer and provide sun to warm it in the winter.
• Reduce paper by switching your bills to e-statements
• Sign up for a junk mail monitoring service that reduces the junk mail you receive.
• Spend a few hours each week electricity free, riding a bike, going for a walk or reading a book by a sunny window.
• Shop at a local farmer’s marketing for locally grown foods.
• Plant an herb or vegetable garden.
• Buy a tankless water heater for more efficiency.
For more great ideas on living a greener lifestyle go to
To learn more about the Rainforest Action Network and the great work they are doing go to
To check out some of our music and nature recordings go to
Walk in Balance,